A message from Rentround:
Terms & conditions and data privacy statements can be difficult to read, Below are the key parts about our platform.
- By entering your personal details and clicking “See my agents”, we will pass your personal details onto agents you select.
- If you are a landlord and there are no agents in your search area, or you don’t select one, by clicking “See my agents” you agree to us passing on your data to 2-3 agents on our platform.
- If you use our services and want to decline the processing of your data/want us to request agents remove your data, please contact us at in[email protected]rentround.com
- By entering your personal details, you agree to 3rd parties/agents processing your data for marketing purposes. Removal of data should be requested directly with the agent(s)/3rd party.
- We are not an impartial service. Agents pay a subscription to be shown our platform and receive leads.
- All fees, services and letting agent data is required to be validated by each landlord/lead/enquirer themselves, prior to any deals or contracts being signed. Rentround takes no responsibility for agreements with letting agents. Letting agents do have different charges based on your property size and location, therefore fees entered onto Rentround may be based on averages.
- Agents obtaining your data, will need to manage your data in accordance with data privacy laws
- Agent data is the responsibility of the agent. Rentround is not responsible for data entered by agents, although we do validate where required.
- We use your email address for our blog outreach, promotions (including from 3rd parties) & newsletters. Please contact [email protected] to unsubscribe.
Some useful information
Agent fees are input by agents themselves. Some fees may be approximate or based on averages. Your circumstances (i.e. number of properties or property size) may impact the fees charges by agents. What each agent offers under each service may differ. For example some agents offer viewing under their tenant find only service, whereas others may charge for viewings.
Average prices for let or sales, and average time to let or sell a property are updated periodically. Metrics may be out of date or altered to accommodate circumstances of properties under management by the agent (i.e. short term lets or vacant rooms in a HMO)
Our platform is not impartial. We are paid by agents either in the form of a subscription fee or other payment model.
Data privacy statement
Last updated June 21, 2020
AGREEMENT TO TERMS
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
The Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to use or register for the Site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- We will comply with all relevant laws and regulations concerning intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, and patent laws.
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect our employees, partners, and customers to do the same.
- We will not use, reproduce, distribute, or display any copyrighted or trademarked materials without the express permission of the rights holder.
- We will not use any patented technology or processes without obtaining a license or permission from the patent holder.
- We will take appropriate action against any employee, partner, or customer who is found to be in violation of our intellectual property rights policy.
- We will take appropriate action against any third party who is found to be in violation of our intellectual property rights, including but not limited to filing legal action.
- We will have a process in place for employees to report any suspected violations of intellectual property rights, and we will investigate any such reports in a timely manner.
- We will provide regular training and education on intellectual property rights laws and regulations and the company’s intellectual property rights policy to all employees and other relevant parties.
- We will periodically review and assess the effectiveness of our intellectual property rights policy and make any necessary changes to ensure it remains in compliance with the laws and regulations and best practices.
- We will have a process for registering and protecting our own intellectual property rights, such as trademarks, patents and copyrights.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
You may be required to register with the Site. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- 1. Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- 2. Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- 3. Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- 4. Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- 5. Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- 6. Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- 7. Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- 8. Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- 9. Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
- 10. Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- 11. Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- 12. Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- 13. Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- 14. Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- 15. Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- 16. Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- 17. Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- 18. Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- 20. Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- 21. Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- 22. Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site.
- 23. Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- 24. Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
The Site may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, “Contributions”). Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Site and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
6. Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
7. Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
8. Your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
9. Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
10. Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
11. Your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
12. Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
13. Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
By posting your Contributions to any part of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right, and license to host, use, copy, reproduce, disclose, sell, resell, publish, broadcast, retitle, archive, store, cache, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such Contributions (including, without limitation, your image and voice) for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Contributions, and grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. The use and distribution may occur in any media formats and through any media channels.
This license will apply to any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, and includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images you provide. You waive all moral rights in your Contributions, and you warrant that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in your Contributions.
We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Contributions provided by you in any area on the Site. You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Site and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, (1) to edit, redact, or otherwise change any Contributions; (2) to re-categorize any Contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on the Site; and (3) to pre-screen or delete any Contributions at any time and for any reason, without notice. We have no obligation to monitor your Contributions.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE AND CONTENT
We allow advertisers to display their advertisements and other information in certain areas of the Site, such as sidebar advertisements or banner advertisements. If you are an advertiser, you shall take full responsibility for any advertisements you place on the Site and any services provided on the Site or products sold through those advertisements. Further, as an advertiser, you warrant and represent that you possess all rights and authority to place advertisements on the Site, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, publicity rights, and contractual rights. We simply provide the space to place such advertisements, and we have no other relationship with advertisers.
MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Site without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
These conditions are governed by and interpreted following the laws of the United Kingdom, and the use of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. If your habitual residence is in the EU, and you are a consumer, you additionally possess the protection provided to you by obligatory provisions of the law of your country of residence. Rentround 12648360 and yourself both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of __________, which means that you may make a claim to defend your consumer protection rights in regards to these Conditions of Use in the United Kingdom, or in the EU country in which you reside.
The European Commission provides an online dispute resolution platform, which you can access here: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. If you would like to bring this subject to our attention, please contact us.
There may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on the Site at any time, without prior notice.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Indemnification: The (Company) shall indemnify and hold harmless (indemnitee), its officers, directors, employees, agents, and assigns from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or in connection with (indemnitee)’s use of the (Company)’s services or products, except to the extent such claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and expenses are caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of the (indemnitee).
Upon submitting your data, Rentround will transfer your data to usually 2 agents registered on our platform. Full details are provided in our Data Privacy Statement.
- We will comply with all relevant laws and regulations concerning user data, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- We will only collect, use, and disclose user data in accordance with this policy and with the consent of the user as per our user submission form and consenting checkbox
- We will provide clear and conspicuous notice to users about the types of user data we collect, the purposes for which we collect it, and the parties with whom we may share it.
- We will implement appropriate security measures to protect user data against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- We will retain user data only as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, and will securely delete it when it is no longer needed.
- We will respect users’ rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to access, rectify, erase, and restrict the processing of their personal data.
- We will provide users with the means to exercise their rights, and will respond to user requests in a timely and transparent manner.
- We will not use user data for targeted advertising or to create profiles for other purposes, unless we have obtained the user’s explicit consent.
- We will not disclose user data to third parties for their own marketing or other purposes, unless we have obtained the user’s explicit consent.
- We will have a reporting process in place for employees to report any suspected data protection breaches, and we will investigate any such reports in a timely manner.
- We will provide regular training and education on user data laws and regulations and the company’s user data policy to all employees and other relevant parties.
- We will periodically review and assess the effectiveness of our user data policy and make any necessary changes to ensure it remains in compliance with the laws and regulations and best practices.
- We will be transparent in our use of user data, and will make information available to the public through our website and other communication channels.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, TRANSACTIONS, AND SIGNATURES
Visiting the Site, sending us emails, and completing online forms constitute electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE USE OF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, CONTRACTS, ORDERS, AND OTHER RECORDS, AND TO ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF NOTICES, POLICIES, AND RECORDS OF TRANSACTIONS INITIATED OR COMPLETED BY US OR VIA THE SITE. You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances, or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by any means other than electronic means.
- We will conduct our business in an ethical and responsible manner, striving to minimize any negative impact on the environment, society, and economy.
- We will comply with all relevant laws and regulations, and we will also adhere to internationally recognized standards in areas such as labor practices, human rights, and environmental protection.
- We will actively engage with our stakeholders, including employees, customers, suppliers, and local communities, to understand and address their concerns and expectations.
- We will continuously improve our CSR performance by setting and achieving measurable goals and targets, and by regularly reporting on our progress.
- We will encourage our business partners and suppliers to adopt similar CSR policies and practices.
- We will support charitable causes and organizations that align with our business values and mission.
- We will work to foster a culture of CSR within our organization, by educating and raising awareness among our employees about the importance of responsible business practices and by providing opportunities for them to get involved in CSR initiatives.
- We will be transparent in our CSR activities and performance, and we will make information available to the public through our website and other communication channels.
- We will comply with all relevant anti-bribery laws and regulations, including the U.S Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the UK Bribery Act.
- We prohibit the offering, promising, giving, demanding, or accepting of any bribe, kickback, or other improper payment or advantage, whether directly or indirectly, to or from any person or entity, in order to obtain or retain business or any other improper advantage.
- We will maintain accurate and complete books and records, and we will implement appropriate internal controls to prevent and detect bribery and corruption.
- We will conduct due diligence on all third parties, including agents, representatives, distributors, and suppliers, to ensure that they understand and comply with our anti-bribery policy.
- We will provide regular training and education on anti-bribery laws and regulations and the company’s anti-bribery policy to all employees and other relevant parties.
- We will have a reporting process in place for employees to report any suspected bribery or corruption, and we will investigate any such reports in a timely manner.
- We will take appropriate disciplinary action against any employee found to have violated our anti-bribery policy, up to and including termination of employment.
- We will periodically review and assess the effectiveness of our anti-bribery policy and make any necessary changes to ensure it remains in compliance with the laws and regulations and best practices.
Modern Slavery Policy
- We will comply with all relevant laws and regulations concerning modern slavery, including but not limited to the UK Modern Slavery Act and the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act.
- We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our business or supply chain.
- We have a zero-tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery and will take all necessary steps to prevent it from occurring within our business and supply chain.
- We are committed to ensuring that our employees, contractors, and suppliers understand and adhere to our modern slavery policy.
- We will conduct due diligence on all third parties, including agents, representatives, distributors, and suppliers, to ensure that they understand and comply with our modern slavery policy.
- We will provide regular training and education on modern slavery laws and regulations and the company’s modern slavery policy to all employees and other relevant parties.
- We will have a reporting process in place for employees to report any suspected modern slavery or human trafficking, and we will investigate any such reports in a timely manner.
- We will take appropriate disciplinary action against any employee found to have violated our modern slavery policy, up to and including termination of employment.
- We will periodically review and assess the effectiveness of our modern slavery policy and make any necessary changes to ensure it remains in compliance with the laws and regulations and best practices.
- We will be transparent in our approach to combat modern slavery and make information available to the public through our website and other communication channels.
- We will comply with all relevant laws and regulations concerning data protection, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We are committed to protecting the personal data of all individuals whose information we process.
- We will only process personal data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further process it in a way incompatible with those purposes.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is accurate and kept up to date, and that all inaccurate personal data is erased or rectified without delay.
- We will implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against accidental or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access.
- We will only retain personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, and subsequently for legal or business purposes.
- We will provide individuals with clear and transparent information about our data processing activities, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the recipients of the data, and the individuals’ rights under GDPR.
- We will respect individuals’ rights under GDPR, including the right to access, rectify, erase, and restrict processing of their personal data, and the right to data portability.
- We will appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who is responsible for monitoring compliance with GDPR and other data protection laws, providing advice and guidance to staff and ensuring that individuals’ rights are respected.
- We will conduct regular data protection impact assessments and will implement measures to mitigate any identified high risks.
- We will maintain a record of all data processing activities, and make it available to supervisory authorities on request.
- We will have a reporting process in place for employees to report any suspected data protection breaches, and we will investigate any such reports in a timely manner.
- We will provide regular training and education on GDPR and data protection best practices to all employees and other relevant parties
- We will periodically review and assess the effectiveness of our GDPR policy and make any necessary changes to ensure it remains in compliance with the laws and regulations.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site, please contact us at:
Rentround (12648360) – Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, England, EC1V 2NX
Data Privacy Statement
Table of contents
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
- WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Website or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect names; phone numbers; email addresses; postcode; and other similar information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about who and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system configuration information.
Location Data. We collect information data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type of settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Locations settings on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
To send to subscribed agents for them to market their services.
To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Website that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the consent of the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at [email protected] and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Website.
To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website.
Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes. Marketing & promotional material may include services offered by our business partners/third-parties. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time
Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which are designed to help safegaurd your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct.
Third-party agents. We pass your data to third party estate & letting agents who pay us for your data, as part of a lead generation service.
Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit or use the Website. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions. Specific to the nature of Rentround, insurance, mortgages, agent services could be part of, but not restricted to the types of business partners considered in this paragraph.
5. WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our Website.
The Website may contain advertisements from third parties that are not affiliated with us and which may link to other websites, online services or mobile applications. We cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of data you provide to any third parties. Any data collected by third parties is not covered by this privacy notice. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other websites, services or applications that may be linked to or from the Website. You should review the policies of such third parties and contact them directly to respond to your questions.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than 2 years.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
8. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected]
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Website visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
10. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
11. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
12. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at [email protected] or by post to:
152-160 City Road,
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form by clicking here. We will respond to your request within 30 days.