Homes listed with an agent tend to sell faster and for a higher selling price. But with so many agencies in the UK area, how do you know which one is the best fit for you? Knowing what each service offers and how much they charge can help you make a more informed decision.
In this article, we’ll offer a comprehensive look at Yopa including reviews, services, fees, awards, and more.
Yopa is a full-service online estate agency that was first established in 2015. The company prides itself on offering high-quality services for a fair, fixed fee. According to their LinkedIn profile, Yopa is currently one of the largest estate agencies in the UK and is backed by some of the biggest names in the property industry.
Some of the main highlights of Yopa include evening and weekend hours for hands-on customer support, local agents on the ground to offer customized services, and even help with conveyancing and mortgage approval.
Yopa strives to create a stress-free experience for every customer so that you can focus on other important aspects of your move. Yopa’s staff is composed of experienced estate agents, customer service specialists, property and marketing experts, and programmers. While Yopa’s primary focus is selling homes, the agency also offers services for buyers.
Yopa Statistics, Awards, and Recognition
With over seven years in the business, Yopa has accumulated some pretty impressive statistics and accolades.
- On average, Yopa saves property owners in London £6,100, which equates to about 81% in estate agency fees.
- Property owners in other parts of the UK can save an average of £2,800 when selling a home using Yopa. This is an average of 76% savings in estate agency fees.
- Yopa sells homes 17% faster than other online estate agencies.
- Yopa agents tend to get property owners above the asking price.
- Yopa sells a home every 12 minutes.
- Over 35,000 people have successfully sold their homes on Yopa to date.
- Buyers are three times more engaged with Yopa’s 360-degree 3D tour feature than traditional 2D imagery.
- In 2017, LinkedIn named Yopa as one of the top startup companies to work for, helping recruit qualified and experienced agents.
- Yopa was named Best Online and Hybrid Estate Agent of the Year by allAgents in 2019.
- Yopa was named Hybrid Agent of the Year 2021 at the Negotiator Awards.
How It Works
If you’re looking to list and sell your home on Yopa, you can get started in four easy steps:
1. Schedule a Valuation
Schedule a time for a free valuation that works for you. A local agent will visit your property, value your home, and offer a complete explanation of how they arrived at that number. They’ll also ask what exactly you want and expect from the move including a listing price and what your timeline is.
After your initial meeting and consultation, it’s time to get your home ready for the market. Yopa’s agents will help with this also and you can choose to pay upfront or pay later.
Once the agent creates your listing, your property will appear on all major property portals including Zoopla and Rightmove. When an interested buyer reaches out, your agent can host viewings (for an additional fee) or you can do them yourself. Yopa lets you choose the services and fees you want.
4. Negotiate the Final Sale
Yopa agents stick with their customers from the beginning to the end of their sales. Your local agent and team will negotiate all offers that come in, working to get you the best possible price. They’re also on hand to answer any questions you have along the way, draw up the necessary paperwork, and make sure the sale is done right.
Services and Fees
Yopa offers a few different packages for property owners looking to sell. Customers are also given three options for payment (more on these in a minute). But first, here’s a breakdown of Yopa’s available packages with prices and additional services and fees.
For £999, Yopa provides you with everything you need to sell your property. This includes:
- Dedicated estate agent
- Adverts on Zoopla, Rightmove, and other popular property portals
- Sale board for your front yard
- Detailed floor plan
- Professional photos
- Access to your YopaHub account
The most popular Yopa package is their Premium package which costs £1,399 and includes everything in the Core package plus the following services:
- Unlimited hosted viewings
- Premium listings on Zoopla and Rightmove
- A discount on Scout mortgage broker fees (£349)
The most expensive but most effective package is the Ultimate. Sellers get everything in the Ultimate package plus the following for £1,999:
- Featured property listings on Zoopla and Rightmove
- A 360-degree 3D tour
- A £290 discount off Just Move In
- A £549 discount on Scout mortgage and broker fees
In addition to these packages, you can also add on individual services for a fee. Here are your options:
Starting at £99, you can pay for a premium listing that stands out on Zoopla and Rightmove. Premium listings get more attention and increase your chances of landing a sale.
Featured properties on most property portals stay at the top of the search results page longer, getting more attention and views. For £149, you can earn your spot at the top and be one of the first listings a potential buyer sees.
Unlimited Hosted Viewings
If you don’t have the time, patience, or interest in hosting your own viewings, this service is for you. For £300, Yopa’s local estate agents will schedule and host all viewings for potential buyers, simplifying the process for you.
Energy Performance Certificate
Every home needs a valid EPC for sale. Yopa can take care of this for you for just £85. Get your EPC before you list your home to help your sale go faster and more smoothly.
Three Ways to Pay
Yopa offers three convenient ways to pay for its packages and services.
No Sale, No Fee
This option means that if your house doesn’t sell, you don’t pay a penny. You also don’t pay anything until the sale is final. This payment option includes all the extras included with the Premium bundle. Pricing varies based on location and other factors so customers need to contact a local agent for more details.
This is Yopa’s best value when it comes to paying a fixed fee. The agency provides everything you need to get started and you can choose from any of the above packages. Payment is due upfront.
Another great value for a fixed fee, customers choose to pay when their home sells or after 10 months – whichever comes first. You can also use Optimus to find a conveyancer and choose from the three packages listed above to get started.
Yopa for Buyers
Yopa estate agents don’t just help sell homes. They can also help people find their dream homes. The website’s property search feature lets you search homes in the local area based on size (number of beds), price, and location.
You can also get a mortgage in principle. Yopa has services for first-time buyers, homeowners looking to remortgage their current properties, and moving services.
Pros and Cons of Yopa
The best way to get a clear picture of how well a company delivers on its promises is to check out what real customers have to say. Even an online agency like Yopa has experienced its share of negative reviews and critics.
- Agents have great knowledge of the local market
- Good communication and customer service throughout the entire sales process
- A smooth, seamless transaction from start to finish
- Efficient, no nonsense service
- Real-time updates about viewings and offers
- Stress-free and hassle-free service
Only 6% of reviews on Trustpilot were “poor” or “bad”. Here are a few complaints customers had.
- House sale fell through
- Only a few viewings
- Buyers that weren’t checked out
- The agent was a no-show for a valuation appointment
- Referrals to solicitors that weren’t right for the job
Yopa: A Hybrid Estate Agency
Whether you like the personal touch of working with a local agent or the convenience and technology offered by online agents, Yopa does it all. A well-known estate agency in London and throughout the UK, you can choose from one of their convenient packages or add individual services that fit your needs and budget. Since they offer a free valuation, you can meet with an agent and get a better idea if Yopa is the best agency to list your property.